The traps are what makes or breaks your physique and this superset will help you activate every single part of that muscle group. I recommend you perform 3-4 sets of this in your back workouts or trap workouts and aim to do 10-12 reps of each exercise of the superset.
Rest 90 seconds between supersets but no rest between exercises in the superset!
execution - dumbbell shrugs
- 1Take a pair of dumbbells and stand with your feet at shoulder width and torso straight
- 2Keep the dumbbells by your side with palms facing your torso
- 3Look up slightly and shrug the dumbbells up, contracting the traps up top
- 4Go back down and repeat the movement pattern
After finishing this set, move on to exercise #2 with no rest.
execution - plate shrugs
- 1Grab two plates and keep them by your sides with palms facing the torso
- 2Shrug the plates up and slightly back with scapular contraction
- 3Go back down slowly
- 4Repeat the movement pattern