The alternating superman exercise is a great lower back exercise to add to your routine and you can do it at home with no equipment. In fact his move is featured in the Superhuman At Home program!
This movement will massively activate your posterior chain, all the way from the upper back and down to the glutes.
The superhuman exercise will give you a gnarly pump in the lower back & glutes area, making it a perfect stabilizing exercise.
I recommend that you perform 7-10 reps on each side and rest no more than 75 seconds between sets. 3-5 sets per workout is ideal.
- 1Lie face down on the ground
- 2Form a star by extending your limbs and opening them out
- 3Lift your heels, chest arms up
- 4Contract the back, shoulders and glutes up top
- 5Return to the initial position and repeat