This arm superset targets our favorite antagonistic (opposing) pair of muscle groups, namely the biceps and the triceps. By optimizing wrist supination, you are going to target the outer head of the biceps on the bicep exercise and the long head of the triceps on the tricep portion of the superset.
This is a classic arm superset you can find in the SuperHuman Muscle workout program as well! I recommend that you perform 8-12 reps on each portion of the superset. Rest no more than 90 seconds between this arm superset, and perform 3-5 sets per arm workout.
execution - DUMBBELL CURLS
- 1Take a pair of dumbbells and stand up with feet at shoulder width
- 2Grab the dumbbells with your hands on the outer portion of the grip
- 3Keep the dumbbells by your side with palms facing forward
- 4Curl one of the dumbbells up, without moving the elbow forward
- 5Squeeze the biceps up top, go back down slowly and repeat on the opposite side
After this exercise, move on directly to exercise #2: Lying Skullcrushers.
execution - Lying Skullcrushers
- 1Take a pair of dumbbells and lie down on the flat bench
- 2Keep the dumbbells above your chest with palms facing one another
- 3Angle the arms back slightly and keep them straight
- 4Let the dumbbells go down and behind your head, just behind the forehead
- 5Push back up, contracting the triceps with a careful elbow lockout