Mechanical tension is a key component to growth - You can't let inertia take over and expect the muscle to grow.
With Jet Reps, we perform an exercise with a faster pace, without taking the tension off of the muscle.
The hammer curls are PERFECT for this technique, as there is no change in wrist rotation and we can do it QUICK!
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells and keep them by your sides
- 2Place feet at shoulder width for a stable position
- 3Keep torso straight and hammer the left dumbbell up, contracting the upper arm
- 4As you let the dumbbell go down, hammer the right dumbbell up, contracting the arm
- 5Repeat the motion pattern with a fast pace for a full 45 seconds