Butterfly crunches are a perfect ab exercise and great for developing prominent details in the rectus abdominis, as well as the V-Cut in the lower section of the torso.
If you apply some tension on the palms as well, you'll get an isometric contraction of the chest, meaning that your whole midsection will be on fire. Let's get you started on these butterfly crunches!
- 1Sit down and bring your legs in a butterfly position, where your heels are close to the butt and feet are touching
- 2Lie down flat on your back and lift your arms up and over your torso
- 3Touch your hands together and tense slightly
- 4Crunch up and let the hands go between your legs
- 5Contract the abs
- 6Go back down slowly and repeat the motion