If you’ve been in the game for some time, you’d know that cable exercises are good at isolating the worked muscle group. This does not only go for chest & triceps exercises, but also the rear deltoids. If your rear delts are lagging, consider adding this move to your arsenal.
- 1Stand in front of the cable machine
- 2Grab the upper pulleys with a cross grip (Left arm on the right pulley, right arm on the left pulley)
- 3Slightly lift the weight off of the rest of the stack
- 4Keep arms in front of you, parallel to the ground, with elbows slightly bent
- 5Pull back, contracting the rear delts
- 6Hold the peak flexion briefly and return to the initial position slowly, without resting completely at the bottom