Often times on many rowing movements, people happen to pick an excessively heavy weight and jerk it.
Creating such inertial movements takes away from the work of the muscle and hence, reduces gains potential.
This is not the case with this exercise, where you have the strong support from your chest, which makes for a back movement, isolated from inertia.
- 1Setup an incline bench so that you can put a barbell under it
- 2Load a barbell and place it under the bench
- 3Lie face down on the bench comfortably
- 4Grab the barbell and keep torso straight
- 5Row the barbell up to the lower portion of your abs
- 6Squeeze the back hard at the top
- 7Go back down slowly
- 8Repeat the motion pattern