Odds are, you generally start your chest workouts with this exercise.
But to finish off a dumbbells-only workout, you can aslo utilize it as a compound, heavy finisher.
The goal – Going as heavy as possible for 4 sets in the 6-8 rep range.
This range will stimulate both myofibrilar and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
The first one, responsible for strength gains and the second one, for bulk-muscle, bodybuilder-like growth.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells and lie down on the flat bench press
- 2Keep the dumbbells above your chest with elbows slightly bent
- 3Keep head rested and let the dumbbells go down to the outer sides of your lower pecs
- 4Once you feel a good stretch at the bottom, push up explosively
- 5Contract the chest up top without locking out the elbow