If there’s one dumbbell exercise that the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger used to develop prominent bicep peaks, it would be this one.
When it comes to isolated exercises that activate the long head of the biceps, it doesn’t really get better than concentrated curls.
- 1Grab a dumbbell and sit down on the side of a bench
- 2Rest your arm on the inside of your upper leg
- 3Keep the back straight but torso slightly bent over
- 4Rest your other arm on the opposite leg for balance
- 5Look down and curl the dumbbell up, prominently supinating the wrist up top
- 6Hold peak flexion briefly and go down slowly on the eccentric phase
Note: Your wrist is supinated in the initial position at the bottom and gets further supinated up top upon peak flexion.