The dumbbell low to highs are one of the better chest exercises. This is because it is not particularly designed for heavy overload, more so than a focus on contraction and activation. It targets the upper chest and front deltoids and can be done both before or after the heavy, compound movements. Choose a lighter weight and go for maximum contraction here.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells and keep them in front of you with palms facing forward
- 2Keep torso straight and feet stable
- 3Keep elbows slightly bent and chest tensed
- 4Lift the dumbbells up, contracting the chest when the arms are parallel to the ground
- 5Bring the dumbbells down slowly, maintaining tension on the chest
Again, this exercise will help you develop a better-looking shoulder line overall.