The dumbbell lying tricep extension is one of the best tricep exercises you can do with a pair of dumbbells, and all you need is a flat bench to do this move. You could do this on the floor at home as well, but you won't get the full range of motion.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells and lie down on a bench
- 2Angle your arms backwards towards where a spotter would be standing so the dumbbells are not directly over your face
- 3Go down slow and controlled and continue to stretch the tricep and keep the arm angled back slightly
- 4Come back up and keep your elbows in
- 5As you ascend up, make sure arms continue to angle back for full stretch
- 6Perform 8-12 reps per set with 75 second rest times for best results