You can do this exercise with a light pair of dumbbells, bodyweight or even a bag full of things.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells and keep them by your side
- 2Step with your feet at shoulder width and toes slightly open
- 3Keep torso straight and squat down slowly without dipping your chest
- 4When your legs are parallel to the ground, squat back up without locking out the knees
- 5Repeat the movement pattern and maintain tension on the legs
Note: The movement is initiated with the butt going back (as if you are closing a door), and not with the knees going forward or the chest dipping down.