Supinated shrugs are one of my favorite trap exercises for builder bigger traps and they activate the traps really well. I learned this move from the legendary trainer Charles Glass. All you need is a pair of dumbbells for this exercise, and you will be going much lighter than doing traditional dumbbell shrugs on this move. Watch the video above carefully!
- 1grab a pair of dumbbells
- 2hands start in a pronated position with elbows slightly bent
- 3as you shrug up, the hands will rotate to a supinated position
- 4get a great squeeze of the traps at the top of each rep
- 5Perform 8-12 total reps with rest times 90 seconds or less