With this variation of the classical push-up, you are going to emphasize primarily on the upper chest. The middle and lower chest will also get a good deal of tension, along with the triceps and shoulders.
- 1Get into a push-up position with hands at shoulder width
- 2Place your feet on the wall, bench or block (The higher the feet, the more emphasis on the upper chest)
- 3Go down until your chest is slightly above the floor
- 4Push back up, without locking out the elbows
- 5Repeat the motion pattern and maintain as much tension as possible on the chest