This exercise will make your inner chest pop is a dumbbell fly into a hex press. Dumbbell flys are the traditional go-to of the inner chest exercises but this move is made even more intense by adding a hex press into the mix.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells
- 2Lie down on the bench or ball
- 3Keep the arms above the chest with palms facing each other
- 4Bend elbows slightly and puff up the chest
- 5Open the arms with no movement at the elbow
- 6Stretch the chest well
- 7Go back up and right before the dumbbells touch, contract the chest
- 8Hold the dumbbells together, then let them go down to the chest
- 9Press up and contract the chest
- 10Repeat this fly to hex press transition
I like to do this exercise sequence on an exercise ball to further increase the activation on my chest muscles while also bringing my core into play as well. Because of the destabilization factor of the exercise ball and the focus on the squeeze, you aren’t using a heavy weight with this move.