We always preach activation before overload, so we’ll start with this exercise that alternates between a fly movement & a pressing movement. This will help activate the fibers used during the more intense movement. In using it right in the beginning, we’ll grant maximum performance on the heavier movements afterwards.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells and lay down on the floor
- 2Keep the dumbbells over your body with the elbows slightly bent & palms facing each other
- 3Open your arms out slowly, stretching the chest
- 4Close your arms in, flexing the chest
- 5Get the dumbbells together and lower them down to the chest
- 6Once they slightly touch the chest, push up explosively
- 7Contract the pecs and avoid locking out the elbow