For this exercise, you’re doing just a single arm at a time.
The benefit? First, you can ensure you are putting full focus on just that single side, meaning better activation and you can drive the muscle further to fatigue.
Second, it’ll also bring on some core benefits as well as your abs contract harder to keep your body stabilized.
- 1Grab one of the pulleys and lean forward
- 2Keep the elbows up in the same way
- 3Push forward and past the center line of the body
- 4Contract the chest hard
- 5Go back up slowly, maintaining the tension on your chest
- 6Complete the set on one side, then repeat on the opposite side
With this one, you’ll do the same overall movement pattern only this time, you’re really crossing your arm over your body.
Do 30 seconds time under tension using a lighter weight so you can really focus on that squeeze and controlling the movement pattern.
Switch sides and then repeat for two sets total.