Working a muscle group side by side just helps us focus our attention solely on that specific side of the body. This allows for better growth but also helps us bring up the weaker side. Muscle disbalances, both strength and visual are common, which is why we’ll use this specific exercise, to target the lower chest.
- 1Grab the upper pulley with one arm and stand in the center with feet placed at shoulder width
- 2Keep the working hand at upper abdominal level with elbow bent
- 3Place the opposite hand on the working pec – This will help you focus your attention better
- 4Push down and towards the center of your body
- 5Go past the center line just slightly, squeezing the pec prominently
- 6Keep peak flexion briefly and go back up slowly on the eccentric phase
- 7Once done, repeat on the opposite side