The incline dumbbell press is one of the classics – A free weight movement which you can feel free to heavily overload on. We’re focusing on the upper chest and the anterior deltoids, with an incline movement, this time done with each arm independently, using a pair of dumbbells.
With the barbell incline bench press, we might easily experience a more prominent development of the stronger side that takes over. And this is not the case here, making this the perfect exercise to even out disbalances.
- 1Set up a bench to a 45-degree incline angle
- 2Grab a pair of dumbbells and lie down comfortably
- 3Rest your head to avoid excessive neck tension
- 4Keep the dumbbells over your body with a slightly bent elbow
- 5Let the dumbbells go down slowly on the eccentric portion of the exercise
- 6Once they go slightly below the chest line on the outer side, push up explosively without locking out the elbows