Chest supported movements are one of the best ways to eliminate the likelihood of creating inertial movements and hence, create more healthy tension.
For shoulders and specifically the front deltoids, one of our favorite movements is the Incline EZ bar front raise.
- 1Set up an incline bench to a 45-degree angle
- 2Grab an EZ bar and place it behind the bench
- 3Set yourself up on the bench – Chest on the upper portion of the back rest, legs placed comfortably, head above the back rest
- 4Reach down for the EZ bar, holding it at about shoulder width
- 5Engage the scapula (Don’t hunch your back) and let the bar hang freely
- 6Bend elbows slightly
- 7Lift the bar up, contracting the deltoids up top
- 8Hold the peak flexion briefly
- 9Let the bar go back down to its initial position slowly, maintaining constant tension on the deltoids