If back width is an issue for you and you just can’t seem to grow wider, my recommendation is some T30 sets for this cable machine exercise. I started these and it’s been a game-changer.
This exercise is one that really emphasizes your lat muscles and will also allow for a great degree of mind-muscle connection, so you’ll achieve massive pumps when this is done right.
- 1Set up two handlebars on both cables
- 2Grab both pulleys and stand in the center between them
- 3Kneel down on both knees and keep torso straight
- 4Pull with the arms towards the torso, as if you were trying to touch the obliques with your elbows
- 5Contract the back muscles powerfully, keep peak flexion briefly and go back down slowly
This is a move where you aren’t looking to max out on the weight lifted. Go light and focus on the mind-muscle connection.
Do your 30-second set and then keep rest periods short and snappy, to no more than 45 seconds between sets.