The lat pulldown exercise is one of the best back exercises for building a bigger and wider back. You need a lat pulldown cable machine to perform this exercise.
The lateral pulldown is also one of the best exercises for channelling a mind-muscle connection with your back muscles - especially muscles like your lats.
This is a must in your back workout routine, and I recommend you do this at least 5 sets per week at the minimum!
- 1Grab a slanted bar slightly wider than shoulder width
- 2Pull the bar down to your upper chest
- 3Keep your elbows in as you pull down and drive them straight down to your sides
- 4Go back up slow and controlled and get a full stretch at the top
- 5Perform 8-12 total reps with 90 second rest time at the max!