The shrug machine is yet another piece of equipment that can be well-used for good back activation.
In this specific exercise, we row from a lower, to a higher position, while also extending the torso, instead of keeping it in a static position.
This extension will allow you to activate the spinal erectors, which stabilize the torso and the spine.
- 1Load the shrug machine
- 2Stand a foot behind it, at shoulder width
- 3Bend knees slightly and bend over
- 4Grab the bars
- 5Keep torso straight
- 6Pull up with elbows closer to the body
- 7Simultaneously, extend the torso up
- 8Contract the back musculature powerfully up top
- 9Go back down slowly on the eccentric while also letting the torso go back down