This first exercise is a very uncommon one, which you rarely see people do during their arm workouts.
Not only are we using the cable row machine to lie down on and create a horizontal curl, but we also apply an extended range of motion.
In traditional curling movements, you won’t see the elbow come up.
For this exercise however, we’ll do just that – Lift up the elbow and bring the bar right in front of the forehead.
Though that will give a bit more activation of the deltoids, it will also do so for the biceps.
- 1Set up a curl bar on the cable rows machine
- 2Sit down, place feet on the platform and grab the bar at shoulder width
- 3Lie down and keep your arms by your sides, closer to the body
- 4Curl all the way up to the forehead
- 5Squeeze hard once your hands are at forehead level
- 6Go down in a controlled manner on the eccentric portion of the movement