Generally, dumbbell shoulder presses can be done at a slightly lower angle on a bench.
However, you still have to push up, which makes the upper pecs engage in the movement.
Well, with this shoulder press machine, the upper chest is pretty much taken out of the equation, helping us set the delts on fire.
- 1Sit down on the shoulder press machine
- 2Rest your back and place your feet comfortably
- 3Avoid lifting your head off of the backrest
- 4Grab the handles and push them up so that your arms form a 90-degree angle – This is your initial position
- 5Push up and over your head, contracting the deltoids up top
- 6Hold peak flexion briefly, then lower the weights back down slowly to the initial position