This is an amazing exercise that targets both the upper and lower portions of your back.
The single arm barbell row is the PERFECT exercise, when your goal is building more thickness in the back.
- 1Set up a barbell in a hollow pipe like you would for a T-Bar row
- 2Load the barbell and stand next to it
- 3Bend over with knees slightly bend and torso straight
- 4Grab the barbell with one arm
- 5Extend your body up slightly to lift the barbell off of the ground
- 6Place your opposite arm on your leg for balance
- 7Pull the barbell up explosively, passing the torso line with your elbow
- 8Hold peak flexion briefly
- 9Go down slowly on the eccentric phase
Additional Tips: At the top of each repetition, puff your chest up, by getting the shoulder blades together – This will allow for OPTIMAL back activation. On top of that, avoid using inertial movements to help yourself and instead, focus on a nice, clean execution, that will allow you to keep the tension on the back.