The overhead rope tricep extension is a great tricep move to build mass on your arms. This tricep exercise favors the long head of the triceps, which helps your arms look wider from the back and bigger overall.
This tricep exercise requires a cable machine. Watch the video above carefully for exact form!
- 1Set the cable at the highest or near highest position
- 2Grab the rope and take a step out
- 3Stagger your feet so one foot is in front of the other
- 4Keep your elbows in as you bring the rope overhead
- 5Press directly out in front of you turning the wrist out as you extend out
- 6Come back slow and controlled each rep
- 7Aim for 8-12 reps per set with short rest times