Many trainees have wide backs, but how often do you see a combination of width and thickness?
If you’re strunggling with thickness, this exercise is for you – It BLASTS the lower portion of the latissimus dorsi and is one of the best traditional back exercises.
- 1Set up the loaded barbell on the ground
- 2Stand behind the barbell with feet at shoulder width and knees slightly bent
- 3Bend over with your torso straight and grab the barbell very slightly wider than shoulder width
- 4Extend your torso up, lifting the bar off of the ground
- 5Look slightly up and row the bar to the lower portion of the abdomen
- 6Hold the contraction up top briefly
- 7Go down slowly on the eccentric part of the movement
Additional Tips: Start off of the ground like you would in a deadlift and pull with elbows closer to the body. Focus on an explosive concentric on the way up, and a slow negative on the way down to maintain as much tension as possible.