Did you know that the preacher curls were originally referred to as “Scott curls”, as they were invented by Larry Scott himself?
Check out Larry Scott’s bicep peaks – This is EXACTLY what this exercise targets.
If you want maximum long head activation in your bicep exercises, it doesn’t really get better than preacher curls.
The best thing about this exercise? It pretty much isolates the biceps, as we are using the support of a pad.
No inertial movements are possible here, unless you are really trying to cheat.
- 1Grab a bar with a grip closer than shoulder width
- 2Sit down on the preacher and place your arms on the pad
- 3Make sure your armpits are tucked tight on to the pad
- 4Curl the barbell up, contracting the biceps up top
- 5Let go down slowly on the eccentric phase
Note: If you curl all the way to your face, the biceps will relax. That’s why we recommend you to utilize the “Partial reps” principle and maintain constant tension on the biceps!