You often see people doing traditional curling movements and reverse grip movements, but for this one, we’ll make a tweak.
In this exercise, we’ll use an almost completely pronated grip and chest support from the bench press for maximum arm tension.
Trust us, this one will blast your upper arms on fire if you do it correctly.
- 1Set up an incline bench to a 45-degree angle
- 2Grab an EZ-bar with a pronated grip at shoulder width
- 3Set yourself up on the incline bench, leaning on your chest
- 4Step on your feet stably
- 5Curl the bar up, contracting the upper arm fully
- 6Go down slowly on the eccentric phase
Note: Keep the arms at shoulder width.
Pro Tip: When you’re nearing failure, start pumping out half-reps – These are pure GOLD for the brachialis.