This one of the top leg exercises is going to help you zero in on the hamstring muscle, isolating it and really focusing in on the contraction taking place.
I recommend doing a time under tension for this, doing a T30 set using a moderate weight.
- 1Lie down on the hamstring curl machine
- 2Grab the handles with your hands, then place your feet under the pad, narrower than shoulder width
- 3Curl the weight up, contracting the hamstrings
- 4Go back down slowly, without allowing the hamstrings to relax completely at the bottom
- 5After completing ~10 repetitions, lift the torso up and rest on your knees
- 6Continue curling for a more prominent hamstring activation
Try doing this for 10-12 reps, either using it as a superset with the standard hamstring curl or doing it on its own if you prefer.