The lying push-press is an exercise you may never have seen before being performed but is one that’s great for hitting that lower chest region.
- 1Place a flat bench between two cable pulleys
- 2Adjust the pulleys so they are a bit lower than your waist level
- 3Lie down on the bench, reach up and grab the handles of the pulleys
- 4Push them directly down towards the hips and contract the lower chest muscles
- 5In the bottom position, bend the elbows as you bring the hands up and repeat the motion pattern
Note: The palms are facing down the entire time
While the last exercise should have you going heavy, this one has you lightening the load and focusing on doing a T30 set, meaning going thirty seconds total time under tension and then resting once those 30 seconds are up.