The Russian twist is one of the best direct activators of the six-pack muscles and the obliques at the same time.
If you aren’t doing this move you are seriously missing out on aesthetics.
This is one of those exercises where you want to focus on time under tension and not so much on reps.
- 1Sit down on the ground and bring the heels closer to the butt
- 2Grab a medicine ball and hold it in front of your lower chest
- 3Lift the heels off of the ground
- 4Rotate the torso and place the ball to the right side of the body, contracting the obliques
- 5Simultaneously, lean the legs to the opposite side
- 6Repeat the movement on the opposite side
I like to set a timer and go for 30-40 seconds time under tension on this movement.
Note: Do not rest your feet on the ground or lift them too high. Have them off the ground just enough to feel good tension on the abs.