If you don't have a donkey calf raise machine available, the smith machine can be a great stand-in.
- 1Place a block or a plate in the middle of the smith machine under the bar
- 2Get under the bar, place it on your traps, stand with toes on the edge of your plate/block and un-rack the bar
- 3Stand on your toes
- 4Let the heels go down slowly, stretching the calves
- 5Pause briefly and explode on the way up, pushing through the toes and contracting the calves
- 6Hold peak flexion briefly and go back down slowly
- 7Repeat the movement pattern