This horizontal pulling exercise is one of the pillars to back development.
Remember that each and every joint and its muscles can move through a variety of angles.
Note that the smith machine barbell row will give MASSIVE activation of the lats, mainly because the barbell is fixed and it doesn't allow you to jerk the weight as a barbell would.
- 1Load the smith machine and place the bar at the lowest pin
- 2Place feet at shoulder width for stability and bend knees slightly
- 3Stand behind the bar and grab it at shoulder width, with an underhand grip
- 4Un-rack the bar and bend over until your torso is pretty much parallel to the ground
- 5Without moving the torso up whatsoever, row the barbell to the lower portion of your abdomen
- 6Keeping elbows closer to your torso, contract the back up top
- 7Go back down slowly