Conventional bicep exercises like dumbbell and barbell curls are good for overload and high intensity.
However, it is exercises like this one that will target the outskirts of your biceps crossectional area and grant MAXIMUM development, overall.
The close grip spider curls are a fun move that will target the peak.
This is an exercise that can be done as a bicep finisher.
The specific positioning during this exercise, will change up the range of motion and the peak contraction point will become easier.
- 1Set up an incline bench to a 45-degree angle
- 2Grab a loaded EZ-Bar with a grip more narrow than shoulder width
- 3Face front the bench and set yourself up with a comfortable chest support
- 4Look down, then curl the bar up, contracting the biceps up top
- 5Hold the peak flexion for half a second and return down slowly, maintaining tension on the biceps
Note: Even though supination is key for long head activation, this is one of the movements that will DEMOLISH your peaks with a neutral (hammer) grip. Try it.