For this next exercise we have a nice superset of an overhead pressing movement and a lateral movement with an external rotation. Note that this superset is not made for heavy weights, but rather light ones.
This means that the superset is best applied in the beginning of a workout, when the goal is engaging more muscle fibers and filling the deltoids with blood.
execution - exercise #1
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells
- 2Stand up straight, stably
- 3Lift the dumbbells up to head level, so that the arms are parallel to the ground
- 4Slightly rotate the wrist inward so that the dumbbells are in a diagonal position
- 5Push the left dumbbell up over your head
- 6As you let it come back down in a moderate pace, push the right dumbbell up
- 7Repeat the motion pattern
- 8After completing the needed number of repetitions, transition with no rest to the next exercise
execution - exercise #2
- 1Keep the dumbbells in front of you with a bent elbow (Palms facing one another)
- 2Lift the dumbbells laterally, keeping the elbows static
- 3Apply a slight external rotation at the top
- 4Let the dumbbells return back down slowly, keeping the tension on the delts
Again – No need to go extra heavy, this superset was designed to prepare your shoulders for heavier work.