This exercise primarily targets the upper portion of the chest and secondarily, the deltoids. Furthermore, due to the nature of the exercise, the stabilizing muscle groups of the shoulders also come into play.
- 1Grab a pair of dumbbells
- 2Rest your back on the preacher curl bench
- 3Keep the dumbbells above the chest with palms against each other
- 4With elbows slightly bent, let the arms go down slowly, pronating the wrist
- 5Go back up, keeping the tension on the chest and supinating the wrist
- 6Squeeze the chest up top and repeat the movement pattern