The tricep press-down is one of the best exercises on the planet for building horse-shoe triceps. Sadly most lifters perform this exercise wrong, so listen up so that you are not 1 of them!
The biggest mistake most lifters make on this exercise lies in the hands and wrist as you extend the bar down. The best way to activate the triceps when you press down is trying to keep your wrist straight and lock your hand into place so your wrist doesn't bend back at all.
Make sure you watch the video above of me performing the tricep press-down and it will make sense. This is one of those tricep exercises that I think is really important to have a mind-muscle connection on, and go slow and controlled in the 10-12 rep range on your working sets.
Go heavy and make sure that you fail in the 10-12 rep range for ideal hypertrophy!
- 1Grab an EZ bar and take your hands on the outer ridges.
- 2Keep a normal foot stance and relax your lower body with knees slightly bent
- 3When you set up, take 1-2 small steps back
- 4think about pressing the EZ bar not only down but also slightly forward
- 5keep your palms locked and your wrist straight. don't let your wrist bend
- 6Focus at the peak of the rep to get a nice hard tricep squeeze
- 7Go back slow and controlled on the eccentric portion
If you want to build your triceps and every other muscle as fast as scientifically possible, make sure you are using the Balloon Method.
The Balloon Method is the style of workout used in the SuperHuman Muscle program, responsible for thousands of fast muscle building transformations including hard gainers.
No matter what your fitness level, the Balloon Method is the first workout that maximizes the 3 science backed ways your body builds muscle in less than 40 minutes a workout and it makes your workouts more intense and a lot more fun.
Click Here to learn more about the SuperHuman Muscle program and see the jaw dropping muscle building transformations!