Need more stretch & good contraction? We got you. This exercise utilizes a wide grip and a good stretch. It is done off the ground, about 12 to 18 inches up. This can be done on the feet platform of a dip machine, or anything else you find comfortable.
- 1Find a spot where you can place your hands 12-18 inches off of the ground with a wide grip
- 2Get into a push-up position, where the arms are placed wide, torso is straight and feet are close together
- 3Look forward, then go down slowly (2 seconds on the way down), until the chest is at platform level
- 4Pause for a second at the bottom, keeping the tension on the chest
- 5Push up, contracting the chest in a 1 second concentric portion
In case you can’t find a proper spot to elevate your arms, you can do the same exercise but with a decline angle. The decline angle implies placing feet high and arms on the ground, where the fingers of your hand are almost pointing to the sides, with a wide grip.