Much like the cable row machine, the wide grip row machine was made to, well, give you a wider back. With its grip specifics, this machine will allow you to blast the latissimus dorsi (LD) & teres major (TD). Those two are the primary muscles you want to develop when the goal is a wide back.
Try adding this into your back workout routine 1-2x a week. I recommend you perform 5 sets in the 10-12 rep range and focus on your form and mind muscle connection on this move.
- 1Sit down on the machine
- 2Place your feet on the platform
- 3Grab the handles
- 4Keep torso straight without hunching
- 5Pull back with your elbows close to the body
- 6As you pull, extend your torso back
- 7Squeeze the back muscles hard and hold the peak flexion briefly
- 8Come back down slowly, maintaining tension on the back