Upper Abs, Lower Abs
~75 seconds between sets
This is one of the exercises that you don’t see people do all that often, but XOV crunches are a great exercise to build your six pack abs. I would rate them as an intermediate exercise, and definitely not an easy ab exercise for beginners.
A good idea is to include exercises like the XOV crunch into your ab workouts and continue to mix up the ab exercises to keep your body guessing and keep you motivated!
- 1Lie flat down on the floor
- 2Lift your legs and arms up and open them to form an "X" with your body
- 3Bring your knees to the chest while simultaneously closing your arms around them
- 4Get back down to the initial X position
- 5Bring the knees to the chest again and close your arms around them, this time under the calves
- 6Repeat the motion pattern
Note: Focus on peak contraction and time under tension.